Wednesday, June 19, 2013

gratitude...

it would be remiss and unfortunate if i didn't express my appreciation for not only the staff at princess margaret, toronto general, and mount sinai, but mostly to armin, to my friend john board and his friend derek for sharing their time and experience with me... when you're critically ill it can be easy to fall into the trap of only seeing your needs and not being sensitive to others and what otherwise is so easy to take for granted. i'm also grateful to my uncle in calgary for helping me keep this diagnosis from my mother as she declines into dementia and alzheimers.

i'm also grateful to my mother for the escalating draw of her own needs which lends a certain perspective to mine, gets me out of my own headspace, and gives me every day an active theater in which to exercise forgiveness.

No comments: